Helping out at school is a great way to get involved in your child’s education as well as get to know the staff and other parents and carers.
Research shows that children benefit when their parents or carers are actively involved in their education and school life.
You can help by:
- listening to children read in the classroom
- volunteering on sports days
- helping supervise excursions
- getting involved in fundraising activities
- joining school committees.
The role of a class parent at Cammeray Public School
Class Parents play an important communication role in our school and assist with the information flow between parents and the P&C.
Some of the activities a Class Parent might be responsible for include:
- Creating a class contact list to be shared with parents within the class. The class parent ensures the list is kept updated and distributed accordingly.
- Coordinating volunteer support for P&C projects and/or events as required.
- Encouraging parents to attend P&C meetings, especially if they have an issue to raise.
- Encouraging parents to participate in working bees, volunteering for social events and assisting with the uniform shop.
- Coordinating social gatherings for the parents and/or families in your class, always ensuring inclusivity of all families.
- Reaching out to new families by ensuring they connect with other parents in their child's class; welcoming them to our community; ensuring they are added to class distribution lists.
- Ensuring a two-way flow of information between the P&C and parents as required.
- Assisting with coordinating events, as required, to assist the P&C.
Being a class parent can be challenging at times, but can be a very rewarding experience. If you ever face an issue or have any questions or concersn, please feel free to contact the P&C President, Anna Bragg via email: email@example.com